Travel Bullet Journal
A Bullet Journal isn’t just for organizing your life, It’s also great to use as a travel journal and get organized for your next trip. Get our bullet journal ideas to make your vacation amazing!
There are so many things into making your vacation or trip run smoothly!
Planning can start months in advance and it can be easy to forget important information about your trip or things you need to do before you leave.
Make your next vacation a success with these brilliant journal ideas.
What is a Bullet Journal?
New to Bullet Journaling? Then how to start a bullet journal can seem a little daunting. Luckily we have lots of posts to get you started easily and fast.
Find our helpful post on how to bullet journal.
If you are using a Bullet Journal purely as a Travel Journal then you are going to be using a few different bullet journal pages to a normal setup.
Your collections and pages in your Travel Journal can be made to suit your unique style of travel and even your adventure.
Here are some ideas about what pages will be useful in a travel bullet journal.
Bullet Journal Travel Ideas
I think the best travel journal is a mix between a travel diary and a pre-trip organizer.
Planning for a trip can be very exciting and keeping all those details together with a log of what happens on your adventure is a brilliant way of treasuring every moment and experience about your trip.
Bujo Vision Board
The best way to make dreams and goals happen is to create a vision board.
Having a visual tool to look at whenever you need some motivation to save or get booking flights is a great way to prompt action and keep your goals at the front of your mind.
We show you how to make a Vision board for your Bullet Journal here.
Some ideas on what to put on your board are:
- Images of your destination ( you can get these from travel brochures or online)
- Words about how your vacation will make you feel
- Motivating sayings and travel quotes.
- Your goals. So maybe the places you want to visit in your destination, foods you want to try and new experiences you want to have.
Savings Tracker For Bullet Journal
Often one of the first steps for any adventure is saving up to go!
Creating a bujo savings tracker is a great way to keep motivated to get those funds for your trip.
Work out how much you need for your trip then work backward from the date you need those travel funds by to the date you start saving.
Remember to save for:
- Flights or transport to your destination
- Travel documents you may need like passports or visas
- Spending money
- Special travel gear you need for the trip ( like hiking boots or a new camera)
- Activities you want to do during your trip like tours
To-do List For Bujo
Creating an ongoing to-do list is vital for a well-organized vacation. Make sure you leave room to add new tasks as you think of them, as well as the dates they need to be completed.
Make sure all of these tasks are actionable by putting them into your normal bullet journal spreads, such as your daily or weekly, is a great way of making sure you do them all in a timely manner. No mad rush a day or two before you leave!
Some things you may want to add to your vacation to-do list:
- Book leave from work
- Research and book transport such as flights, buses, airport transfers.
- Look up and book accommodation
- Find and book any local tours or experiences you want to do
- Make sure Passport and any other travel documents are current
- Exchange money into local currency or plan a travel card
- Create a packing list
- Get travel adapters
- Work out how you are going to use your phone overseas. Roaming or local SIM card
- Organize for any house or pet sitting you may need
- Organize bills that need to be paid while you are away.
- Create a Travel Plan
Keep the excitement and motivation going for your big adventure with a day tracker. Ticking off those days makes waiting for a vacation all the more exciting!
Image by amazinglymarvelous
A travel plan for Bullet Journal is a great way to quickly overview everything about your trip. Include those things you have research on your to-do list, things you would like to photograph or places you want to visit.
Remember that with all things Bullet Journal, look for inspiration then change and adapt to suit you.
Image by mokachiko
These are great for printing images on the go and putting them straight into your travel journal.
Have you created a Travel Journal before? Tell us what you loved including in your spreads in the comments below.
More Bullet Journal Ideas YourWill Love
PIN FOR LATER!